March 1, 2011

That Good Good Music: Blu

It is getting harder and harder to find decent music in the world, especially when it comes to hip-hop. That’s why I have so much love and respect for all the artists who are able to make truly high quality music in this age of over commercialized music. As Q-Tip says in the song "You Can't Hold the Torch", the game isn't the same. The heart and soul truly are divided when it comes to music. Some artists focus so much on the "fame game" to the point that their are selling a bit of their soul along with their records. However, Blu is definitely an artist whose mind is on his music and it shows in the quality of music he makes. I feel he provides the best of both worlds. His lyrics are excellent and they give that certain level of consciousness that I look for in my music yet the overall sound definitely has the potential to cross over to mainstream when the music world is ready. I love the beats in his music, they are on a whole other level than what I've been hearing in other music lately. His partner, Exile, is definitely holding him down in that area. 


(Click on the songs and they will play in the music player located at the bottom left corner of your screen. If the songs do not play, just refresh the page and try again.)

Blu most definitely has that good good and if you're still sleeping on him, it’s time to wake up! 

32 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/01/2011

    He is good! I mean REALLY good! Thank you for putting me on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blu is the truth... I really love those underground Cali Lyricist!
    Great Pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you didn't put up "Cold Hearted" it's one of my favorite songs from Blu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh snap, I love that song too! I'm going to add it!! Thanks for the reminder Phil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Awesome, Love the blog.

    http://greeneyesblewgoodbyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO GREATER LOVE IS MY NEW JAM! Oh my goodness, that song is amazing and so are the rest...there is so much amazing music out there that I have never even listened to before visiting your blog. You have exceptional taste, I really like your music selections A LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. he's amazing!! This is my first taste of his music *hides face in emmbarassment*

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want more good music, you should look at my latest post as I featured a group called Naturally 7. They do (almost) all genres. Please check them out!

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo I like a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg the first song is amazing! :O

    www.themadtoter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I first heard of Blu from the song Surrendet-Sepalot feat Blu. /after hearing all this.. liking him a lot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dee O coming correct with the music! My personal favorites off of the Blu & Exile record are 'The World Is' and 'Show Me The Good Life.

    Blu's new album 'No York' is out in the summer, I'll defo hit you up with it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the last song; first things first :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. me likey, good job dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. he is so good! HOW do you find out about these people? i try so hard to look for good music myself but i can't lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yemi U.3/02/2011

    #DOPE, I love Blu! Just found out about him actually. But I hadn't heard a lot of the songs you posted up so thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. love his stuff I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you all for commenting! I'm so happy everyone is feeling Blu (no pun intended!) He really is a dope artist and I hope he gets the proper recognition soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great pick! i love your blog..you are so original and i appreciate that. :]

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! It made my day!
    You're amazing!
    Following you!
    Hope you follow me too!
    http://cutenerdglasses.blogspot.com/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love his music, nice post!

    xoxo
    Stella

    http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmmh. I actually don't know him. Will check out the music then

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a little bit late but thanks you for the kind words on my blog, I do appreciate!!! If you want to find some unknown but good artists you can look up in last.fm, I love that website

    kisses
    hannah
    http://elegantesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Got soooo much time for Blu, found him a couple of years ago and he's definitely become my favourite rapper. These are some of my favourites too, everyone that's commenting and just discovered him have a listen to Fly (Liberation Song) youtube it, its haaaard.

    And have a look if you have a minute:
    www.catchmeonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. great post. i'm going to listen to it now

    http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous3/05/2011

    I LOVE BLU!
    I discovered him about two weeks ago, and more people need to know about him and his beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oooo wow i wanna check him out!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you all so much for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love him, his music is so refreshing to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thank you for your comment:)
    your blog is so great!! i love it!
    follow youu
    xx

    ReplyDelete

TWITTER ///// FACEBOOK ///// BLOGLOVIN'

Copyright © 2010-2015 That GOOD GOOD Blog. All Rights Reserved.